In my quest to improve the initial solution search algorithm I wrote for the bounded revised simplex, I had spent almost a whole day trying to understand what the heck I was trying to do there when I first wrote this code! I wrote that code originally in Python almost a year ago, ported straight to C++, and the code had been there ever since.

Anyway, long story short, I finally gave up and decided to rewrite the algorithm, which only took a few hours to complete! (not entirely done, but the core part is done.) Well, duh! Lesson learned: sometimes it’s quicker to rewrite it if the code looks hopelessly convoluted, and your hunch tell you that the code should be much, much, simpler for what it’s designed to do. You never know. Sometimes you are right.

By the way, what a great artist! His songs just keep playing in my head.